At The Ready

Monday, December 24, 2012

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

It is that time of year when we can get misty eyed over the smallest of things.  We can get tired and over extend ourselves all in the name of having the best Christmas ever.

My ancestors had Christmas in small homes, sod homes, boats, churches, forts, foreign lands, battlefields, & places that I do not even know about.  Wherever they celebrated I believe that their minds may have wandered to those that were no longer with them.

Today as I prepare for Christmas I am blessed to have my parents still with me.  I am also blessed to have my sister and her family close enough to join in celebration.  Tho, my children and grandchild for the most part are far away, they will be close to me as I remember them this Christmas.

There is nothing like the look on a child's face when they receive the gift that they have been longing for and it is there under the tree.  It matters not the size of the tree or the number of gifts.  It is that look of joy that we wait for on Christmas morning.
My Dad and his Mother Christmas Day

As you look for your heart's desire under the tree remember that it is not the boxes, papers and bows...it is the small baby laying in the creche that truly brings our heart's desire.


No comments:

Post a Comment